Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Unbelief in an unusual form

I was reading Idle musings of a bookseller: Unbelief in an unusual form, and this bit caught my eye:
It's an affront to God to keep talking about how unworthy we are. It's a statement of unbelief. “I really don't believe what God says about me; I believe what I think about me.”

The Rest of the Gospel: When the partial Gospel has worn you out, page104
I couldn't help but reflect on myself. Have I been insulting God all this while when saying that "I'm not worthy", or was it just a convenient excuse for me not to commit fully to this relationship? Is it simply because I don't wish to be obedient and faithful with my walk with God (aka I still want to sin), that I am resisting this relationship?

People say that relationships are all about compromises. But this isn't the case when it comes to having a relationship with God. The bar is set, and there's no compromises. But the rewards of being in this relationship are huge. Are we willing to 'give up being unworthy', and let God make us worthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails