Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A true spirit of giving!

I left a comment on John Hobbins' blog, and got an unexpected (but truly pleasant) email from David Ker.

David has worked for more than a decade as a Bible translator (my hats off to him!), and has seen first hand the results of producing a lot of materials but not distributing it. He's now embarked on a mission - to bring this material into the hands of people who need it the most.

Watch this video - It's inspiring, and the kids remind me of how I was, many years ago, firm in my innocent belief in Christ...



I face this same frustration when working in Voxbiblia as well - It feels horrible, knowing that you have access to a huge wealth of information, but being unable to distribute it. Not that we don't want to, but copyright issues make it so difficult to. And yet, the money that Bible translators earn is well worth the sweat, tears, research and precision that they've poured into translating the Scripture. What a bind! :/

Break the boundaries, empower others with the ability to use what is already there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails