Friday, September 24, 2010

Jag alskar dig, eller jag gillar dig?

I was spending time catching up with my blog following - Everyone's been so productive and the few days away at DisruptiveCode really 'disrupted' my schedule! :P (Not to mention my 1 day bimbo hunt to try to make CritiqalChristianity look nicer. I still think it looks kiddish, but I'll get my ass moving to change that soon.)

Every time I read Idle musings of a bookseller's posts, I can literally feel his passion for books ooze out of him. Friends, this is not a job - This guy sells books not because he has to, but because he loves to.

How many of us are passionate about what we do? How many of us love our jobs and our studies?

I love my job. I can't see myself doing it for the next few years, and I don't love all parts of it, but I do love it. It's the reason why I can spend weekends and weeknights thinking about it, scribbling bits of thoughts on it, looking out for it wherever I go.

I'm also running an event, StartMeUp@Stockholm (S.M.U.S). I dream about it. I talk about it to almost everyone I meet. I even worked on it till late last night and didn't realize that I'd subconsciously crawled to bed and knocked myself out - half of my body dangling off the bed's edge. And I will shamelessly start promoting it the moment our online publicity material goes live :P

2 weeks back, I also visited a dear friend of mine who's been happily attached for several years now. Looking at the couple, you could see the sparks still flying between them. They didn't have to express their feelings for each other out loud - their actions, glances and expressions exuded the tender love that they felt for each other.

What about you? Are you counting down the hours to fika or to the end of the work day, where we make a beeline for the nearest bar for a beer and good company (the best part of the day)? Are you in a relationship or in a marriage because it's just too tiresome to change the status quo?

What about Christianity? Is Christianity a passionate relationship or a cold ritual to you? Is 'I am a Christian' a dormant label on our tshirt which helps to fill out spreadsheets with the field marked 'religion'? Do you want to go about telling the world about your passion and love, or do you find yourself sometimes reluctant to tell others that 'i go to church on Sundays'?

I pose these questions not only to you, my readers, but to myself as well.

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." (Matthew 7:3-5, NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails