Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sketchy Ice Creams

Benjamin Myers wrote a touching blogpost about his daughter breaking her drawing arm, and subsequently posted a funny video about how someone had already documented it happening:



I wonder what fathers must go through every day. My dad is the sole breadwinner in my family, yet he still finds time to plan his days around us. I remember, as a young mischievous kid, jumping on my dad when he got back from work, bouncing on his tummy and getting him to play the guitar and sing songs with my mum and sister. Sometimes I honestly wonder where he finds the time and energy to look after two kids (one of which is
very hyperactive), protect us from our own mischief while supporting the family at the same time.

So imagine a father with gazillions of kids, all clamoring for His attention. All wanting to feel loved, supported, special. All wanting a healing touch. Yes, I'm talking about God. I wonder where He gets all the time to hear what we've got to say, much less respond to us. If he gets one email per prayer request, I bet His mailbox would be flooded in a split second. And yet, He's still giving out the promise that He will hear all prayer. And I haven't heard the "Due to the overwhelming number of emails that I get each day, I might not be able to respond to all of them. But I do promise to read all your emails" disclaimer yet!


"As for me, I will call upon God; And Jehovah will save me. Evening, and morning, and at noonday, will I complain, and moan; And he will hear my voice." -- Psalms 55:16-17 (ASV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails